(not my picture)Today Pie invited me on a little date-during-preschool. We dropped Tommy off at Ms. Kim's and headed out with our bikes to the beautiful Highline Canal Trail. I know, the name doesn't make it sound so inviting, but we've had a love affair with this trail since discovering it years and years ago. Just today while riding on the trail I reminded Pie of the time when I was carrying an infant Sid during one of our many walks there and Sid cried and cried. For about 2 miles. He was probably 4 months old. He cried a lot as a baby, when I look back on it. But at the time I remember thinking he was a little angel. Well, that baby is nearly as tall as me now and he still hates going for walks, particularly up and down the local 14ers.
So back to our date....
I have repeatedly reminded my husband that I like to ride bikes with him. Just as long as the trails aren't the least bit technical and the views are pretty and I don't have to deal with traffic. I call them Kermit and Ms Piggy rides:


No comments:
Post a Comment