Thursday, September 16, 2010

One More Sign of Whatever

At 5:28 this morning I stumbled downstairs and began laying out the necessary ingredients for CocoWheats. It is a fairly straightforward process to make one serving, but when made in the quantities appropriate for my brood, the mathematical operations required far exceed my mental capacities for simple addition. By a long shot. I'm talking adding mixed fractions here (while it's still dark outside. Waaaaa!) What I am trying to tell you is I added double the amount of CocoWheats into my boiling milk/water/sugar/salt. It was pretty horrifying to realize that if I didn't want a batch of hot cereal cement I was going to need to double everything else. Is anyone in the market for a few brimming bowls of CocoWHeats? (I've got an additional 6 at my disposal) I'm eating a hearty serving myself right now. It's pretty okay.

I am assuming that my breakfast troubles this morning are a direct result of proactive Karma. The universe knew that I would tell Mom's cooking woes from Sunday. I say we don't disappoint the universe:

When we got to Mom's house on Sunday the chicken enchiladas were already burned. We were surprised to hear that she had burned them twice. First while boiling the chicken (she left the chicken boiling on the stove, intending to come home after her meeting but before the 3 hour church block began. She remembered this plan half way through Sunday school.) The second time she burned the enchiladas was in the oven. If one ignored the bottom layer of blackened flour tortilla--and this was relatively easy to do since it was plastered to the bottom of the pan and wasn't coming away with the rest of the enchilada no how--the meal was delicious and tasted non-burned. But I think the real surprise for all of us came when Mom revealed she also burned the peas.

No comments: