Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ignoration Butt-Week

Tonight Josie was studying for her 4th grade social studies test tomorrow, and she taught us a new word:

Ignoration: Supplying farmland with water from someplace else.

And I always thought ignoration was the act of pretending not to hear someone when she asks you to empty the dishwasher....

Anyway, something else that had me chuckling all day was courtesy of Josie at breakfast. I made buckwheat pancakes with that devilish elixir--buttermilk syrup--this morning and Josie couldn't have been more thrilled. (She absolutely loves buckwheat pancakes, as opposed to the other children who tolerate them. I like them fine, although they could look more appetizing. The buckwheat makes the batter look like I dumped a cup of graphite into the mix.) She came running into the kitchen chirping like a loon and shouting,

"I love butt-week pancakes! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BUTT-WEEK PANCAKES!!!"

And you know what? Girl does love those butt-week pancakes. Even if she can't say it.

1 comment:

shayla said...

with a name like that, what kid wouldn't love them?