Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nauvoo

Tomorrow morning before the sun wakes up we will be on our way to certain emotional ruin--I mean on our way to Nauvoo, Illinois. In the car. With the children.

Naturally I am looking forward to this little jaunt with all of the enthusiasm that I usually reserve for dental surgery.

And why am I less than excited? Let's review:

5 kids in a car for 15 hours with a narcoleptic driver.
One hotel room for 3 nights for 7 people.
All that packing.....I should really start soon.

And that isn't even considering our destination. It pains me to admit it, but I don't think Church historical sights are exactly the venue to engage my brood. I can foresee the children being interested in Nauvoo for precisely 1/2 of one morning. Sorry, Nauvoo. It's not you, it's them. So why Nauvoo? It is the location of Pie's mission reunion. Since our marriage, we have attended precisely one mission reunion--I think it was in '94.

Wish me luck. Think of me often tomorrow, and say a little prayer for us and our car. At least we're not going in July, right?

No comments: