Two days ago Tommy sat at the computer and entered a complex username and password onto the screen to log himself into Poptropica. He narrated the entire proceedure for me:
First, you have to put in the username. You have to push down the "shift" key the whole time. You type in DWYH and then you click on the next box and put in the password. You have to type in HYWD3, except you don't push the "shift" key for the 3 part. The password doesn't show you the letters.
Then Tommy proceded to play the game. He can't read so it's a challenge. That doesn't stop him. Tommy is a whizz at computers. Not so much with spelling, though:
Mommy! I put a "D" on the fridge for your name!
--Really? What sound does "D" make, Tommy?
Uhhhh, Salami?
Tommy also has a hard time with days of the week. Just a few days ago we had another misunderstanding:
Mommy! We have to go to church today. It is Sunday.
--Tommy, it's Tuesday.
NO, SERIOUSLY. It's Sunday. Look outside Mom, it is very sunny. That means it's SUNDAY.
And on it goes.....We've had this same argument a number of times (trying to convince him he has to go to church on a rainy day is the worst) and he just doesn't seem to get it. Sure, he can play any number of complicated computer games and has been riding a two wheeler since he was 3 1/2. But I dare you to convince him that, say, his Chocolate Cheerios and milk--no matter how much he stirs them--will never turn into banana milk.
.....And then there is the whole blanket/thumb issue.....
I guess what I am trying to say is that I can never tell if Tommy is really really smart or really really......going to have a career at the Wendy's.

2 comments:
oh my goodness, how I adore you and the way you write and soak in life with you babies.
He is exactly the kind of person that we will all claim to "know" when he is famous for being all things rad. I am ridiculously envious STILL of his Patrick costume. I so want my chubby T's little face poking out of that costume! And, is this one of those nature or nurture thing, like is he Tommy regardless, or is he KONCHAR?
Post a Comment