Firstly, if you haven't watched the Mother's Day episode from last Wednesday's The Middle you are completely out of luck. (I just tried to pull up a link for your viewing pleasure and neither abc.com nor hulu had the full episode. Lame.) But if you did watch it, you know how awesome it was--so call me and we can laugh all about the funniest parts again--breakfast in bed, inflatable foot baths with sluffing bumps and husbands who can't find anything because they never "move stuff around". Okay, enough TV talk. Let's discuss my actual Mother's Day:
It was pretty awesome.
Sid got up at 6 this morning and made everyone Danish pancakes for breakfast. He set the table and everything. He also put 1 Tablespoon of Maple Flavoring in the syrup he made (instead of 1 teaspoon) and then left all the dishes in the sink, but overall I was incredibly impressed and felt very very loved by my sometimes crusty 14 year old.
After breakfast, the children showered me with many homemade cards and art projects. I loved them. I like being the center of my childrens' attention.
Tommy dressed himself for church and insisted he only wanted the top button buttoned. About halfway through the first hour of church I convinced him that we should button the others, but I couldn't do a thing about the fact that he arrived at church without shoes of any kind. At least his socks matched, were relatively clean and without a single hole--I didn't even know he had socks like that.
While up singing with all the other Primary children, Tommy--standing front and center with Josie, Jon and Calvin, proceeded to stick his finger up his nose for approximately 8 seconds. As his mother, it felt more like 34 seconds. At least his shirt was buttoned by this point, and thankfully no one could see he wasn't wearing shoes.
Not one of my Primary children made a reference to my "imaginary" pregnancy. About a month ago--suspiciously right around the time I cried my eyes out and then took the plunge with P90X--the kids in my class one day looked at me, pointed to my nicely rounded belly fat quietly oozing over the waistband of my skirt, and said "Sister Konchar! You're going to have a BABY!" I told them that it was donuts--because that is exactly what it was--but I gotta say, it hurt my feelings real bad. Hello P90X, goodby donuts.
Pie took the children off-site today so I could properly nap. It was heaven. Sunday naps are all the rage around here, and this one was particularly uninterrupted--just the way I like them.
So Mother's Day. I am a fan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment