Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Artistic Stylings of Jos

Our Jos is passionate about animals. She loves them. She loves them more than she loves people, I think. And the more unusual the animal, the better. Frequently Josie will ask me to suggest an animal for her to draw. Suggestions of a bunny or kitten or puppy--unless missing or deformed limbs are specified--are met with a dismissive sigh. But say the word "hedgehog" or "platypus" or "ostrich" and she is tickled to death. Recent obsessive phases have included donkey, hyena and aardvark. (Oh! How I wish I had one of her aardvark renderings to share!)

The following animals, while not particularly exotic, are representative of the cheer she brings to all of her wild creatures. Somehow, the penguin is even grinning. And that moose. How I adore that moose. Please ignore the fact that she has included a bunny. Although, I feel I should point out it has five feet.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You should have her watch the Pygmy Jedboa video. This is my favorite animal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnn-wMPU9w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbelgianwaffling%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

hooli said...

I predict that you'll be using these sketches to create Halloween costumes in 2010. I'm just saying.