Sunday, January 31, 2010

Out Of Order

Pardon me while I burden you with all my excuses for being such a negligent poster since Christmas:

My basement flooded.

I cannot find anything as a result of my "basement" being relocated all over my house--while we wait for the basement to be re-refinished.

One of those things that I cannot find is the cord that allows me to download pictures from our camera. As you may have noted....there hasn't been a picture here in weeks. And I can rarely get excited about telling a story without a picture.

I still haven't sent out over 2/3 of the Christmas letters on my list, and so whenever I think about posting something here, I think I should work on sending out my embarrassingly late letters first. And then I think I should have a sugary snack first. After the snack I don't actually work on either project. So I guess this explains why I've been feeling fat and unproductive lately.

And finally, all my new shows have started up again.

So. Just a few reasons why I rarely hang out in Blogland as of late.....

p.s. Two disparate little humorous things:

After explaining to Josie on several occasions her Serbian heritage and why that means she cannot digest dairy very well ('cause y'all know Eastern Europeans, among other groups, actually cannot digest dairy as well as we Danes would hope) I overhead Josie tell someone that she can't have a lot of dairy because she's Suburbian.

Tommy got a SpongeBob SquarePants Memory game for Christmas--something he simply adores--and is actually really good at. I can usually beat him the first game if I am paying attention but by games 3-4 I am all mixed up and he totally kicks my trash. So the kid is good, but for at least a week after Christmas he kept asking me "Mom, who got me dis Membry game?" I find it rather ironic that he cannot remember Santa brought him a game called Memory.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Glory be! A post! Please jump back on the blogging bandwagon. The wagon is a bit lifeless and lonely as of late. It needs you.

Would Mormon guilt help to increase your blogging frequency? Please let me know.

rebecca said...

In case I didn't mention it yet, I loved your Christmas letter. Made my day. Wayne did recognize many in your family from the group photo.
Oh, and I wish I had a better excuse for not being able to find anything, like a computer cable. I'm just hopelessly disorganized....and my shows are on again too, and I'm burned out after our bout with the flu.
Just got back for a quick trip to the cabin and thought of you....you'd LOVE it.

Ryan & Keri said...

Julie, just now catching up. Sorry to hear about your pipe busting. No fun. And some funny stories about your kiddies. You always make me laugh. I especially liked reading about the primary kids.

shayla said...

I'm with ya on the not hanging in blogland thing. Did you guys figure out all the flooded bliss?