Eagles Nest Peak.
We discovered Eagles Nest a few weeks ago on our way to Kremmling, on our way to Steamboat Springs. Kremmling. Such an unfortunate name. Makes one think of Communist Russia and some sort of small, salty fish--all at the same time. But on the way to Kremmling (let's just say the name is dangerously close to overselling the place) we fell in love with the scenic drive and Eagles Nest Peak in particular. The peak is actually a series of tall, craggy mountains jutting up out of the rolling landscape. They are breathtaking.


Of course we left our camera at home (again!) so I can't humiliate myself and my fellow bloggers by posting one of my point and shoot specials.
Here in Colorado, we have no shortage of beautiful mountains. But I tell you what, these peaks are something special. Next time you are driving I-70 through the mountains, take the Silverthorne exit. Ten miles up route 9, turn right onto Ute Pass. Within minutes you will have an amazing view of Eagles Nest Peak. It is worth the slight detour, trust me.

2 comments:
Stunning. Next time invite us to come along!
Can I be your neighbor? How great that would be in so many ways! Julie, I've been on NieNie's blog and yours so many times in the last few days - it's embarrassing! Need more entertainment for these bed ridden days. Do you have any more favorites? X
Post a Comment