1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Mix in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine
1 14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 stick of butter, softened
(Okay. Let's pause here for a moment and think about the perfection of a can of SCM wrapped around a stick of butter. I am embarrassed that I never came up with this idea on my own. Culinary genius. Hmm? What's that you say? You don't enjoy sitting on the couch, taking a rubber spatula to the insides of a can of sweetened condensed milk? Really, though? Well....I don't mean to sound overly dramatic....but we probably can't be friends.)
add 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix.
Add crumb mixture, stirring until smooth. Then add:
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1 cup walnuts (optional and quite frankly discouraged if you are making these for me.)
Drop by teaspoons full onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, cooking them for 12-15 minutes in a 350 oven. Cook until lightly browned. Makes 2-5 dozen, depending on how much dough you ingest in the process.
Do the ingredients remind you of anything? Seven layer bars, perhaps? Now I'm not suggesting these cookies should take the place of 7 layer bars. I'm merely offering up this recipe to add to your 7 layer bar joy, not to lessen it. I say bring me your cookie truths and see if I can add unto it. But as for the name, "Irresistible Graham Cracker Cookies", I think we can do better, don't you? I was thinking more along the lines of "Lard Laddies", or perhaps "These Cookies Are So Good I'm Going To Have To Start Wearing Sweat Pants Again" (On a related note, did you know that the English call sweat pants track suit bottoms? Well they do.) Anyway, no matter the name, these cookies are the bomb. The uncooked dough also make a wonderful topping for vanilla ice cream--just heat it up first.
That tree I like, through my kitchen window. Aren't I adorable, posting a picture featuring the deplorable state of my kitchen windows? Are you even able to see the tree through that filth-encrusted glass?
My sous chef. When I told him he could help me make cookies, he asked if he could be the Stirrer Guy. I said yes, not because he is all that great at stirring--because he's not--but because I happen to have a weakness for little boys with big blue eyes and a lisp.
Here Tommy is showing me his patented "flicka flicka" technique for cleaning dough off a spoon. He swings the spoon rapidly up and down while saying "flicka flicka". The dough flickas all around. It is quite a spectacle.
And there you have it. Another 3 lbs. of unsightly flab. Delicious unsightly flab.

5 comments:
We really are soul sisters. I adore sweetened condensed milk. And yes, I've done the rubber spatula thing tons of times. Not too long ago I mentioned to a group of women my undying love for sweetened condensed milk. There were lots of protestations of "gross!" and "ewww." All I'm saying is...that's stupid. When it gets warm again...remind me to give you an orange sherbet recipe that is comprised of only three ingredients: sweetened condensed milk, crushed pineapple, and orange soda. So delightful...as is any confection with my BFF: Eagle Brand.
This is not a cookie recipe, it is a instant fat storage recipe and since I happen to have all those ingredients in my "food storage" folding the laundry will have to wait another day. P.S. this is the second post to you today thus proving my undying though sporadically demonstrated love and devotion.
What a great idea--make a cookie out of Hello Dollies (as my mom calls them). Me, I like to lick the back of the SCM lid and hope I don't cut my tongue. I will make these tomorrow.
Oh how I miss you, and oh how I wish I hadn't ditched roundtable.
I'm all caught up now.
Okay, if I thought your other blog was funny, this one is even funnier! You are hilarious and the more I read,the more alike I realize we are. Hello Dollies (7 layer bars) are one of my ALL TIME favorite cookies. I'll have to try these and I LOVE the "sweatpants" name choice. My cousin and I once opened a can of SCM in my grandma's basement, thinking we could eat the whole thing. We only made it about half an inch down before it was too much, but seriously, that stuff is amazing.
Lest you think I spent my entire Sabbath afternoon blog hopping, I did also talk to my mother and my best friend on the phone for an hour each.
And SYTYCD is one of the highlights of my life. Now I just need to get myself a pair of those teddy bear sheets. Maybe you should look into selling them.
Post a Comment