
And now for a story:
Every morning I pack the children a sandwich in their lunch bags. And call it good. Because their school has ala carte lunch options, and for 85 cents a day they can get a milk and a snack in the lunch line, to go along with their sandwich. It keeps them happy and keeps me from having to fend off the ravenous wolves who like to come and raid the stockpile of "that's for the school lunches!" I sometimes have hiding in the kitchen.
Josie ran out of money in her account last Thursday. And the lunch ladies won't let you charge snacks without money in your account. But that Josie is a sly one. She just ordered a full lunch instead (because the lunch ladies won't let you starve, at least until you have ordered lunch twice on a delinquent account). I know all this because Friday morning as I am putting her sandwich in her lunch bag, I happen upon the sandwich from Thursday. Josie's excuse was "Well, you know I only like grape jelly, so I couldn't very well eat this strawberry jam sandwich!" To which I said "I'm giving you two pieces of plain bread in your lunch and I'm not giving you the check for your lunch snacks until Monday. That will be your punishment for wasting yesterday's sandwich."
Only it seems like I'm the one who got punished because wouldn't you know it? Josie earned enough "Good Noodle" credit to go and eat lunch with the Principal on Friday. Where she brought her lunch--made up entirely of two plain pieces of white bread.
(I'm sorta waiting for the call from the school asking if we would like to learn more about subsidized lunches.)

6 comments:
I wanna hear Josie's side of the story. What did she tell the principal?
oh that is truly classic. thank you for sharing.
Oh I'm laughing. Laughing. Laughing. That is fan-tastic!
Ohmygoodness! That truly is one of the funniest stories. Made my morning! :)
So I told this story this morning at the bus stop. And I was still laughing. I just love it.
hahahahha
oh you are such a funny little mommy.
Post a Comment