Monday, July 13, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changin'

This afternoon was busy with more head shavings and tooth extractions.

Calvin first.

Calvin has been coveting Sid's new do for the last little while. (Sid got his hair cut just like Tommy's a week ago.) I pleaded with Calvin to wait until after picture day, if only to avoid that "I've just been released from a concentration camp" look for the photo. So instead he looked shaggy. Oh well, I guess that will all get sorted out in a little thing called re-takes.

So I really didn't coerce this kid. He asked to have me buzz his hair. Really. He did.

A sly little grin half way through.
And here he is: Aang. The Last Airbender.



Now for Jos.

Last Monday evening I yanked the most offending of Josie's loose two front teeth. (Think Nanny McPhee.) It had begun to move out of the way as the permanent tooth grew in under it, but like her other loose baby teeth so far, it had no intention of falling out of her head without major convincing. (Last time it was her bottom two baby teeth and they both had to be pulled by the dentist in a rather prolonged and unnerving and expensive dental visit.) Since I don't have access to all Dr. Lindsay's drugs and tools, I made do with a little dental floss. Wrapping it around the root of the tooth and crossing the floss like I was beginning to tie my shoe, I engaged Josie in a little mindless chatter while I tugged on the floss and TWANG! Out popped that snaggle tooth. We laughed and laughed and the next day Josie took like the cutest picture ever with a big gap in her mouth.

A few weeks ago, before the teeth started assuming all sorts of crazy positions in her mouth.
This afternoon, just before our final "appointment" with Dr. Floss.


Mid treatment.
After. An appropriate shirt, no?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

My kids know if I'm guffawing at my computer, I'm reading cousin Julie's blog. You never disappoint! Holy crap. Mid treatment with THAT picture? Hilarious. Glad to see that Nanny McJosie is now snaggle-free!

Christi said...

Jewels, your blogs make me happy-happy. Truly one of my favorite treats in the whole world and haven't been on here in a while so I got to read three new blogs in a row. I feel super-dooper lucky! Hilarious stories Julie! The one about Josie's teeth is adorable and love the "gap" photo.