So, I'm back. But not, like, totally back. People like to ask me now "So? Are you all settled in?" And in response I cannot help but squink up my eyes, tilt my head a little to the side and say something vaguely sarcastic like "Well, if you call living in cramped and utter chaos all settled in, then YES." I don't know, it's a bit like asking a new mom of twins, "So? Do they cry a lot? Are you really really tired?" We are cramped. And we are living in chaos. But it's not so bad.......And did I mention school started today?
The trio I lovingly call "the three middles" are off to 3rd grade, 3rd grade and 5th grade. So speaking of twins, check out my invisible twins. I mean, honestly. If I didn't tell you they were one minute apart would you ever guess?
Please ignore the fact that Calvin is not wearing a helmet. Does a hair helmet count? We left Calvin's bike helmet at the other house. Until we remember to go pick it up, old school! May I direct your attention to the twins crappy bikes? Quite embarrassing, actually. Well, I'm sure they don't even deserve nice bikes because they leave these pieces of junk out in the rain every chance they get.
Off they go! (By the way, I gave a super-duty family prayer today--most of which centered around bike safety.)

3 comments:
When your blog pops up on my Googlereader I get all verklempt and wonder if I should save your post...like savor it...since they ARE SO FEW AND FAR BETWEEN lately. But no, I can't do that. I can't lick a tootsie pop either. I'm more of a get-to-the-point kind of gal. Sorry to hear you are cramped and chaotic. I'm vomit-laden and chaotic...which is also a difficult state to be in. Everyone is vomiting. ALL THE TIME. It's gross. So, let's gird up our loins together and work through it.
Did that sound dirty? Cuz I didn't mean it that way.
Hurray for rain bikes!! We used to turn our bikes over, flood them ON PURPOSE with water, and send our Star Wars action figures down the water slides. Ah, good times. And I was one of those track kids, so yeah. School in July. GENIUS idea, right? Sigh.
Well, it's great that you're back and all "settled in". You have definitely been missed!
so glad you're here :)
Post a Comment