Check out the pictures and you will see we were lacking a certain half-naked counter dweller, resting his feet on the rolling pin and sneezing into the flour {swine flu}, demanding a turn with the cookie cutters. I know. I missed him too. But what fun with just the girls! Many thanks to Nana for taking the smudgy little cherub off my hands for a few hours.
My dear friend Jodi (the mother of Miss A) gamely agreed to help me with the event and even though we both know I cannot talk and cook at the same time--and sadly, I never can stop talking--I can't remember when I've had a more enjoyable and cookie filled morning, even if I did let some of the cookies get a touch overdone.
Oh Miss M, I find your super hero pajamas quite appropriate. I enjoyed your decorating insights as you frosted your cookies, and I looked the other way whenever you continued to lick the (plastic) knives, covered in drippy icing.
Miss A, watching you painstakingly cover each cookie in just the right color of icing, it is obvious you are the daughter of a talented Crafter. You were a girl with a plan, and your cookies were gorgeous.
Oh Miss A, I am so glad you came! Next time I'll have to invite just you and your mommy over, so you won't feel so shy. We need more, not less cookie parties, don't you think?
Miss M, with her finished product. She showed me all the cookies that she was willing to share with her brothers.
Sweet Miss A (in fifth position. Or is that fourth?) and her masterpieces.
And this adorable girl? None other than the charming-yet-mute Miss K. She couldn't have been more angelic as she waited (and waited!) her turn to cut out her cookies and then frost them. The cookie party marked a special moment between the two of us--she said "thanks" to me out loud. The first thing this shy little girl has said to me the whole year.
So I may be a bit biased (and more than a bit emotional at the thought of handing my class over to someone else next month) but I can't imagine a more charming and adorable group of Little Ladies. We sorely missed the presence of Miss E, unable to attend for personal reasons (she got in trouble and missing the party was her consequence) and even though I completely respect her mother's decision, I still think I might sneak up to her house this weekend with a few sprinkle-covered cookies just for my little Miss E.
(If I get sent to RS in my new ward I just might have a complete come-apart.)

3 comments:
What a FUN class and you are a remarkable teacher; the kind I am over the top thankful that my kids have. I love Miss K's "thanks"...you dearly earned that love.
PS. After over 10 years in Primary I've been called to RS. I'd happily go back, but I'm over enrichment, so I feel like I'm the RS "party planner" and so far I'm enjoying it. I teach RS this Sunday and you can bet there will be visual aids...LOL. Can't take the primary out of me that easily:)
Are you the cutest Primary teacher ever? Yes, yes you are.
Oh my holy heck you said Heaven to murgatroyd!! You must be Ann's child!! Since Connie says it too and I have no idea what it means.
I wish you were my teacher.
Post a Comment