Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Baby

The Baby stopped by last weekend on his way to Babeheaven--er--Utah. The Baby is Linda's son (Pie's sister Linda, for those who don't already know that) and at 6 feet tall and well over 250 lbs, "The Baby" is an obvious moniker. I met The Baby 16 years ago this summer. He was 9. (And all that 9 implies.) We visited a few years later and just like that we were pals. All of Pie's family would stay up playing cards, eating Snyder's potato chips and The Baby was always right there playing along. I love Pie's family for that. Everyone is welcomed and loved. And goodnaturedly teased, just to prove it. Plus there are always chips. Does it get any better?

Well, it's been too long since we have spent time with The Baby, and his one-day stop left us wishing he could stay longer. He'll be 25 this summer, and while the greater Pittsburgh area has its measure of eligible hotties, I think we can all agree that the mother lode of singles wards are congregated in the Utah valley. Oh, and also opportunities for employment. That's what I meant all along. The Baby came west for a job. And I have every confidence that he will find what he's looking for.

Our kids delighted in having their biggest cousin visit, although his sturdy Konchar build, coupled with the trade mark Konchar "hair style" had all of us thinking of him as Uncle Mark instead of Cousin Mark. Oh yes, he does have a name. It's just that his 5'2" 100 lb. mother has always called him The Baby. Adorable. Tommy, in the genealogical confusion thus produced, called him Uncle Cousin and then Uncle Friend. Even more adorable.

Come back soon, Uncle Baby! We have singles wards here too!

No comments: