Friday, May 22, 2009

*No Time For A Proper Post*

Just a quick note to say I miss you and I love you and I hope to be back blogging like normal one day soon (I'm guessing mid-June-ish).

All my days are now spent at the dollhouse, mostly painting. I'm doing the best I can but let me just say I am one Ethel short of an I Love Lucy episode. It's, uh, fun.

We are ripping things out of the house right and left. It's crazy. Here is a little peek of the main living space, as seen from the front door:


(awkward, room dividing arch)

(odd display niche, with closet behind.)

Brand new ripped up room and flooring! Whoops! Wasn't expecting that metal pipe for the heating/air conditioning to be hiding in the awkward arch. Well, surprises are fun, aren't they?

Pie "cutting in" for me in Josie's room. I am extremely pleased to report that I can now do my own "cutting in". I'm not sure how I feel about it though. Whenever I am using the roller I am thinking that I would rather be cutting in. But then again when I am cutting in, I remember how much more I enjoy rolling. It's complicated. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am pretty much over painting.

Well, I know you would have loved more pictures, and more details about how I keep dripping paint on the carpet (which is not easy to do with all these drop cloths around!) or what food items we have found shoved into tiny nooks and crevices by the workers building this home over 9 1/2 years ago.....All in good time, my pets. I'm off to my natural habitat now, the Home Depot. I love HD. It's a "come as you are" soiree. I feel so welcomed and validated in my ugly, ill-fitting cutoffs and 10 year old t-shirt, all paint bespattered.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

I'm not a huge painting fan, but I do love a freshly painted room.
You guys are kickin' bootie getting the house ready. I like Josie's room color...easy breezy.

Happy house re-making! ...and come back SOON! You're missed:)

shayla said...

You're right..your dollhouse is quite charming..niches, cut-outs, exposed pipes and all! I especially love Pie's painting shirt choice. I agree...come as you are at HD is indeed a wonderful thing...smell and all. Good luck! We have new ickyish news on our blog. We too have much to look forward to in the coming weeks like moving 6 little monkeys somewhere on God's Green Earth. Paint on!

the binghams. said...

mom has told me how incredibly busy you are and it makes my head literally ache for you. i love you and wish i could just fly there for a few weeks and be of some help- though i really suck at this sort of thing.
love you, you'll get through this!

Katlyn said...

Hey - We met at Julia's craft show - good luck getting your house ready! Enjoyed reading your blog.