Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My New Look

So in case you haven't been keeping up, in addition to redoing the entire dollhouse, I've decided to give myself a fresh new look as well. Pajamas, housewifery, blogging=OUT. Painting clothes, painting walls, painting skin=IN.

To start off the new me, a wardrobe change was definitely in order. I found this cute little number just lying around the floor of my closet but I put it all together and WOW. All I can say is WOW. Old grey sweatshirt (S), Husband's old T shirt (XL), drab cutoffs (M, extra ugly) and last year's worn out running shoes. I have given it a custom look by spilling/wiping/dripping paint and primer all over the clothes and any exposed skin. This outfit can be worn anywhere--to the grocery, to the middle school to drop off the textbooks your 13 year old forgot to take with him, to the mall to buy hiking boots for that same 13 year old, to the Home Depot--and easily transitions from day wear to a night on the town (perfect for "last call" at HD). You'll love this look so much you'll want to wear it day after day after day.....


For me it's the little details that make a look like this come together, so paying attention to my manicure was a must. Note the generous application of Gripper primer. This stuff isn't coming off no matter what. Which is great for a busy mom like me who has no time to fuss with touching up my look. I just wipe it on and I am good for days!

This is where I had a picture of my new hair, but unfortunately due to technical difficulties beyond my control (I accidentally erased it) I no longer have that picture. So imagine if you can lustrous, freshly colored dark brown hair (thanks Stephanie!) streaked with Gripper primer. Matches the hands and outfit to perfection.

Well, I'm off to get cute and painty--I can't wait to wear my favorite outfit again!!!

6 comments:

rebecca said...

If the new look come with a flat tummy like yours, I'm IN!

Unknown said...

Love the look. Have put together some similar ensembles myself, but you really know how to take it to the next level. For instance,am wondering about what appears to be some sort of burgandy tight. You don't mention them in the run down and yet, to me, they are what really shows you care about the details. If you just have some sort of odd skin disease then my apologies please ignore.

Julie K said...

No tights, just filthy legs.

shayla said...

You are just about as into blogging as I am right now! Love the new look...in fact, I'm a little jealous. Can't wait for pics of all your projects. You can probably now charge for all your remodeling services as the 'handygal' in the area. I wish I could be making over a dollhouse instead of trying to find a rental in the sea of landlords who don't want to rent to a family with six monkeys.

Christi said...

I am still jealous of those beautiful nails of yours... even through all that paint, I recognize 'em. ;)

Ryan & Keri said...

Hang in there, Julie with the remodeling. It will get finished--eventually. But realize that I say that as I sit here in another state in an apartment--which I am ABSOLUTELY not allowed to touch. Hope the transition is easier than expected.