Just a little update on my etsy shop:
Number of slings sold: 10
Dollars grossed in sales: $326
Dollars spent: $337
Fun had: Buncha buncha
So when I got to Kirsten's house in Rexburg this January--under the auspices of playing Sister-Mom--I had no idea I was about to begin my own sewing business. Not until Kirsten told me that's what I was doing. I for one am grateful for my little sister's vision, direction, endlessly patient help and her charmingly bossy little ways. I would have never done this on my own, and I would have missed out on things like.....
Running my own business. It's fun. It's only a bit scary (just sometimes) and it's teeny tiny. I can do this.
The joy of clicking on my inbox in the morning and finding an order to fill.
Delighting my customers with my lightening speed sewing and shipping. It's fun to get an order in the morning and email the client in the afternoon that the sling is now finished and on its way.
Receiving glowing feedback from clients. I hadn't really figured on the buying public being so appreciative. I love going the extra mile for clients because they are all so gracious. Just this week a darling mom sent me a handwritten thank-you card. I swear, I teared up just a little.
Making new friends. First time mom with twin boys, Second time mom wondering if she can do this, Friends buying slings to take to baby showers....all of them super friendly and excited to see the slings. Who knew that people could be so likable?
So I haven't quite broken even yet....I'm hoping that "making a profit" will be the next new thing I discover about running my own etsy shop. But even though it hasn't done much for my bank account yet, this shop has already done wonders for my self esteem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congrats! I admire you for setting up shop and "going for it." Your slings are honestly so nice & sounds like you're a perfect boss of yourself....it's no wonder your business is humming:) So glad it's been a great adventure so far.
I love love love my sling and always get compliments on it! You are talented and have a fun style...naturally people would fall in love with you!
Truly inspiring! I have diddle daddled about my etsy ideas for much too long now...I think I need to follow your lead already! Way to go!
yay! I am so happy for you! I love being your little boss :)
That is so cool that you have your own little business. I love slings! Had Baby Bjorns for my first two kids, but never really liked it. Got a Moby Wrap (elastic) for my new baby and we totally love it. I will spread the word here in Norway about your etsy shop.
Good luck on your move. I hope everything works out great for your family.
Maybe I need a younger sister to give me a kick in the pants. Is Kirsten available?
Would you want to donate a sling to the auction for the Skinners? You can go to their blog and click on the auction blog for more info. It's a win/win because you're helping them out and promoting business.
Post a Comment