Thursday, April 23, 2009

Springtime in the Rockies.....Can Mess With One's Emotions

Spring is a rather skittish affair here in Denver. One day you are running the heater and wearing socks to bed only to find the next day you can't ditch the flannel sheets and feather comforters fast enough. I'm okay with that. Because I have a theory about getting along with "the weather" where you live and this is that theory:

You live in a good place if you love 3 of the 4 seasons.

You are in denial (Iowa, maybe?) if you love only two seasons where you live.

If you hate all but one season you should probably just pack it in. No sense in torturing yourself.

(If you love every season where you live it's because you live in So California, and warm and warmer don't actually qualify as seasons. Just saying.)

--So according to this line of reasoning I am allowed to suffer through spring because the rest of the year is pretty awesome.

Our backyard Saturday morning, on day 2 of constant snow/rain.


Saturday afternoon. Say what you will about spring snow, it is darn attractive.

Here we are on Thursday morning, a few days after the thaw, wearing our shorts and skirts and flip-flops to school (watch out Jos. You are about to step in that last patch of snow.)

Saturday morning, the house across the street.

Same house, a few days later. Tulips and green grass and the beginnings of leafy trees. Kind of crazy, isn't it?


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hmmm, somehow I love the fact you live in a place with multiple personalities.

shayla said...

If the tulips don't totally croak during the spring storm then that just makes it all better! I agree with your seasons philosophy....and I actually miss having seasons here, but we can visit the seasons:)