Lately I have taken to calling Sid "Florence Henderson". I think it has something to do with the hair. What do you think?
This picture was taken earlier today, before his hair cut (Thanks, Steph!). As you can see, there isn't an "after" picture here. Not yet. Sid is still settling in to his new look. I try and be sensitive to the needs of my children. Like telling the world my 13 year old still plays with Little People--sometimes with his little 3 year old brother. You see, it's all about respect. So anyway, about Mrs. Brady.....
Sid has wanted long hair for a long time. Since I am 95% sure he will sometime in his early 20's begin to develop a hair style resembling Clean Daddy--and his own father--I haven't exactly hassled the boy about having a missionary cut. Not yet. I figure he only has a couple more years to luxuriate in a full head of hair so why not live it up? However, there comes a point when you have moved from "longish hair" to "needing pigtails".
I personally feel like we hit "long enough" sometime mid-March but I wanted him to really want to get his hair cut, you know? I waited until he was so annoyed and bothered by his long hair that he was begging me to set the appointment. Then I waited another two weeks because, hey, we can't always get what we want. Now that he has the new haircut (still not a short cut, by the way) he no longer looks like Marsha's mom. Now he looks more like Drake Bell. You know, a Dorothy Hamill cut.


2 comments:
i want to see a picture!
Maybe he'll take up ice skating soon. I'm sure it doesn't look that silly--Sid is cute no matter what his hair looks like. But thank heavens it's not falling out yet..he does have a few years to grow it out chia-style!
Post a Comment