So here is the official March Blizzard 09 shot of our backyard this morning. Trust me, the picture doesn't do it justice. Tommy is probably still at the window, excitedly searching for a glimpse of the "lizard". No lizard yet, but plenty of blowing snow.
So now that we are hunkered down with 3 recipes of sugar cookie dough chilling in the fridge, we have got the whole afternoon in front of us to play, watch TV, argue, make blanket forts, get on each other's nerves, engage in messy kitchen crafts, throw a fit for no reason, and wish we had picked up that extra gallon of milk during last night's trip to the store. Admit it, you are jealous.
Hey! I sold my very first sling last night! This thing is about to take off, I can feel it. Here are the new fabrics I picked up recently. Since sprinkles and slings maybe aren't the best combo--I may be waiting a few days to begin. But here is a little preview of the next generation. As usual, please excuse the poor photography.
Chocolate brown with white dots/Spring yellow
Chocolate brown/Blue-green
Chocolate brown with white dots/Mustard-y yellow
(I know, you can't really see the yellow.)
Stripey white, brown, green, pink/Green
Alexander Henry Apples, Pears/Pink
I know what you are saying. You are saying "Beautiful fabric, but what of the Batman underpants?". You are wondering about the potty training. Well, I don't want to talk about it. Neither does Tommy. The following two pictures (in which Tommy plays the toilet paper holder Kazoo and Harmonica) were from the other day, when we were both less jaded. We are taking a little break from growing up. Tommy and I think it is for the best.

7 comments:
I just bought that yellow/white print in blue for a quilt I'm making. Love it! And the apple print is the one I used for Grace & Caroline's smocks. Congrats on your first sale!
my friend at work wants a sling just like the one i got for my sister. she will order soon. she saw it today and fell in love.
i need to find a reason why i need a sling. maybe just to carry around some extra snacks? they are SO cute i love the new fabrics.
Yup, those slings are worth getting preggie again for, just for the fab accessory! I'm so glad you splained the Tommy pic -- we're just glad he isn't resorting to smoking stogies in his potty distress.
And that lizard coming my way? Hits on my BIRTHDAY. NO, that is NOT the day to STAY IN on a FREAKING SATURDAY and make cookies and watch movies. I want to go OUT! I wanna BE somebody!! I am so flipping mad I can hardly stand it. MARCH freaking 28TH is NOT blizzard appropriate!! Humph.
OK, I don't know why I thought cute, little Tommy was playing with a cigar...... Guess I need new contacts.
i must agree- the new fabrics are so fab! (just don't ask mom though.... )
i can't believe that for the first time ever it is semi-decent weather in rexburg (high 30's and NO snow on the ground) and you've got over a foot. crazy. it does sound fun though- but stop slacking/snacking and get to work missy! consider this a formal warning from your creative director.
Hooray! Just how are you marketing yourself, my friend? If you haven't already....go check out tipjunkie.blogspot.com and http://thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com/ Let them advertise for you for free---sounds like a great deal to me! I love your fabrics! Have you checked out Amy Butler, Sandi Henderson, or Heather Bailey?
Tell Tommy I think he looks great on his chair...him and the chair can be buds.
So excited to meet you and discover your blog!
I love your style and fabric combinations! I can't wait to try my new sling out!!! I will post later this afternoon with pics!
I am potty training my 2 1/2 year old...I feel your pain. It truly is a stress inducing experience...for everyone involved.
Post a Comment