Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Green Food Coloring


So you know I never actually cook "dinner", right? I mean, not unless I can't help it. Tuesday evenings around here are Pie/Sid/Calvin-free, because of a little thing called "Scouting is the Young Men's program for the Church". And anytime 3/7ths of our family is absent for dinner (especially when that fraction includes a grown man) you can bet your hot dogs and cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls that I will not be slaving away in the kitchen. I will be slaving away at this computer instead.
So last night at around 7:15 I noticed that we had no dinner. Even checked the front porch just to see if somebody left us a plate of cookies or muffins that might serve as dinner. No luck. Poking my nose in the fridge, I saw 3 egg cartons each filled with 18 eggs and thought to myself hmmmmm, how about something with eggs? Thanks, Sam's Club! After scrambling up some eggs and toasting some bread, I decided to take this meal to the next level and added some drops of green food coloring to the butter and the eggs and VY-OLA! A little St. Patrick's Day (non-alcoholic) Cheer!
The twins thought it was hilarious, Tommy thought it was disgusting (flatly refusing to eat it) and I thought it was totally awesome. (Of course I don't eat that junk, but my Lean Cuisine Szechuan Shrimp was simply delicious. Though I couldn't resist adding a little extra broccoli for color...)

No comments: