It would really be great if I never had to hear again about how historic and wonderful it is that this country is so highly evolved that we can elect an African American for president. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy and all. And I definitely agree that this constitutes progress on the everybody-getting-along front, but don't you get just a bit embarrassed by it all? I mean, doesn't it sound a little bizarre to keep bringing up the fact that he is a black man, and then go on and on about how it doesn't matter? I don't know. It just kinda reminds me of Michael Scott giving Phyllis one of his backhanded compliments, like the time he told her he thought she was beautiful even though everybody else just saw her as a fat woman.
You know what will be really great? When we can elect a man or a woman and nobody even mentions skin color. Until then, let's not get a cramp trying to pat ourselves on the back.
(I just realized I mentioned Phyllis in two posts in a row. I hope that's not weird.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
THANK YOU. I have been thinking the exact same thing. The more we fall all over ourselves about this, the more we clearly are racist. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Oh wait, um...
And I'm waiting for Diane Sawyer to finally admit she just wants to make out with Obama.
yeah that's pretty true... but come on, OBAMA! I'm so excited.
Phyllis rocks, so it's okay. And I agree...people did just vote for color and had no idea who this man really was/is.
Post a Comment