
I dreamt last night that I was at home (a home I did not recognize), waiting for my mom and dad to come over with some of my relatives, when I realized that there was some sort of plumbing problem. Running from room to room, I finally came upon the problem. In a closet piled high with boxes of photos and important papers and such, a pipe had broke and raw sewage from the city was pouring from the closet into the room at an alarming rate. I was really bothered by this disgusting and no-doubt expensive problem--especially since I was still waiting for those relatives to arrive. But by far the most disturbing part of this dream was when, a minute later, I was looking in the mirror and with no effort whatsoever pulled out 1/3 of my eyelashes on my left eye. It was so disturbing, in fact, that when I woke up this morning I immediately went to the mirror to see that yes, I still had all my lashes. My once luxurious-but-now-that-I'm-a-mother-rather-meager-lashes. Raw sewage indoors be hanged! There is nothing scarier than pulling out your own eyelashes. Except for maybe having every tooth in your head shift around like quicksand. Because I have that dream a lot, too. Not to mention my hallucinations! I know, I keep mentioning them and not giving you the goods, but someday, my pets. You are not yet mentally prepared.

4 comments:
I almost barfed when I got to the raw sewage part. Now go to my blog for a happy thought...LOL!
the sad part is our front yard is currently filled with the sewage. I am not sure if its "raw" or not, I haven't taken a close look. But, we have about a 15 foot deep hole that spans our ENTIRE front yard- it sure is classy. I guess the neighbors downstairs with their 100 kids were having problems so a guy with a tractor started digging. we looked down and saw toilet paper and i haven't been back since. do you blame me?
that picture is NAST-Y by the way.
i am thinking about posting a blog about your hallucinations, just to beat you to it.
hey...the comment option isn't showing up on your "I've got a problem" post.
I think your Iron Man goal is AWESOME! I think I need to sign myself for such a task. I'm oblivious to exercise these days...not good for the waistline.
As for not losing anything...I don't know. That's a tough one. The only time I lose weight is when I shake up my routine, and that hasn't happened for a while. If I were you I'd take the baby steps of beating my times on a regular basis so you know you're not just completing a distance, but you're pushing yourself to new heights. Since I don't know anything about fitness, except that exercise is good for you, you can take my advice with a grain of salt:)
At any rate, I'm proud of you, friend.
I see you didn't allow for comments on your ironman...why do we do these things to ourselves...by 'we' meaning 'you' cause just the thought of that kind of dripping sweat.......oh...I see the feedjit --looky there I'm supplying you with readers you didn't know you even had! The only problem with your blog is that it's so entertaining I want to keep coming back for more but I'd be on here all day long..does that traffic feed show up with I look at google reader??
Post a Comment