Wednesday, October 15, 2008

No Time For A Proper Post

Knowing how worried you must be by my lack of chit-chat of late, and yet also knowing that I have little time and even less compelling topics to canvass, I thought I'd just throw together a few little items in the midst of my furious Halloween sewing and call it good:

I discovered just today--5,544 days into our marriage--that Pie hates cinnamon bears. I had no idea. And anyway, WHAT!?!

Sid purchased black hair spray for Crazy Hair Day on Tuesday of this week and loved the resulting black hair SO MUCH he is looking for any reason to spray his head again, including allowing me to convince him he should be Edward Scissorhands for Halloween. (When wearing smudgy eyeliner, Sid makes a convincing Johnny Depp. Seriously, you should have seen his Captain Jack Sparrow.)

Calvin also hates cinnamon bears.

Josie gets routinely teased by some of the boys in her class for being short, and for the life of me I can't seem to find any resentment in my heart for these little jerks because I secretly think "Small Smurf" and "Tiny Jinx" are adorable names. Don't you?

Our Jon, the constant journalist, has taken a fancy to "quotation marks" and is now inserting them into various texts with flagrant disregard for punctuation, meaning, etc. His sentence last night: The bears hibernate in "the" winter "and" sleep in "a" cave.

Tommy now puts his blanky completely over his head and walks around, sucking his thumb and banging his head into walls. He cries. It leaves a mark. And yet, this doesn't seem to dampen his enthusiasm for the activity.

I am combining my two favorite hobbies, sewing and procrastination, as I attempt to whip up 4 or 5 fabulous homemade Halloween costumes before October 24, the night of our ward Fall Festival. I only began in earnest last week (thus the shout-out to procrastination) and so to put it mildly, "I've got my hands full". Dang, now I'm starting with the "quotation marks" thing.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

SO good to hear from you again:) I have to ask, does Jon do the quotations with his fingers while he's talking. THIS cracks me up. Grace just did this the other day...can't remember the sentence, but it turned comical with the "finger quotes."

Julie K said...

Nope, just on paper, although the thought of Grace making air quotes cracks me up. Maybe Jon will try that next?

the binghams. said...

good to know you are still alive because i've been sending you funny texts without a single response. i know, its halloweening season, i shouldn't even expect to hear back from you until november. till then, loves.

Adrienne said...

Huh. I always thought that part of sewing was putting it off till the very end, so that you could swear and rip stitches out, and generally curse the sewing gods. At least, it always seemed that way to me. I wouldn't know personally, as I am sewing challenged. And a "Fall Festival"? Is that to avoid offending anyone who doesn't sanction All Hallow's Eve? Take lots of pics, por favor!

Sara said...

But has he tried BYU bookstore chocolate covered cinnamon bears?

And good luck with the sewing. I'm offering my services if anyone wants to be a von Trapp!

shayla said...

I was so impressed by your early efforts back in...August, was it? Sew on! It's not like you've been insanely busy with five monkeys doing fieldtrips and cooking school, outdoor school, etc. etc. And, I echo Sara's comment...obviously they haven't tried the chocolate covered variety of cinnamon bears. YUMMmmmm.