This morning I got my hair cut. I love it. Stephanie washed it and cut it and styled it (all for $25!) and I left her house feeling pretty sassy. All morning long I luxuriated in the knowledge that my hair was looking good and so when Tommy and I headed off to the grocery I didn't even stop to look in the mirror. (Did I mention Stephanie flat ironed my hair?) So we are walking into the store and Tommy is already mentioning his free cookie when I take off my sunglasses and realize:
I am wearing not a scrap of makeup. ZERO. This thought results in my attitude becoming considerably less sassy.
Because I was rushed this morning I didn't put any makeup on before my appointment. And then through the MIRACLE OF THE HAIRCUT, and the I feel pretty attitude thus resulting, I completely forgot that I completely forgot my face. Luckily nobody I knew happened to be at the Soopers today. But still.
On the plus side, it is 8:30 at night and my hair still looks fantastic. Thanks Steph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I had my overdue hair appt. yesterday. I get a great friends' deal too....cut and color for $50. I wash my hair out in my friend's sink afterward so any eye makeup I've put on becomes a mess. I still wear it of course. 5 kids and the effect all of those pregnancies has given me some hideously blotchy skin. SO, make-up is a must if I'm going to have an ounce of sass:)
There are few things in this world that lift my spirits like a good haircut. Right now...my hair sucks..and that knowledge made me eat an entire Snickers bar on my way out of Walmart. Must. Get. Haircut.
some of us in distant lands want to SEE the haircut...
It's so nice you like your hair cause sure hate mine right now. Wish I'd never chopped off a herculean amount to donate (shhh...don't tell). So I'm a little jealous cause it's gonna take 2 years to get mine to a decent length for styling again. And makeup? Who needs it when your hair is bouncy and fab?! Grab lipgloss and life is good...or maybe not, but we can pretend, can't we? But I seem to have 12 year old girl skin again with these breakouts of late--who am I to talk-
I love how pretty you feel with REALLY GREAT hair. One time I stepped out of a salon, and a random car honked as it drove by. Granted, maybe it was just getting cut off, or was alerting me to the fact that I was possibly in danger, but a honk is a honk!
I saw your squirrel pants today at Target!! If only I'd worn my butterflies into the store so we could have a "pants, meet pants" moment.
Post a Comment