Yellow food coloring. This is after he found and accessorized the cabinets/countertops/walls with hot pink nail polish but before he was in the shower and sprayed himself with the Tilex. Oh, and I am not exactly clear on the sequence of events on the Crisco, but sometime during the food coloring crisis, Tommy opened a can of shortening and stuck in a bunch of birthday candles. Because he was feeling festive.
A busy morning, even by his standards.

15 comments:
I'm surprised you don't keep your pantry under lock and key. I'm considering getting one (a lock and key) for myself!
...and THAT alone wins the mommy of the year award for you. Congratulations! How do you get nail polish OFF of all those surfaces? And was the Tilex spraying into his mouth? This kid has superpowers of some kind. It's just chanelling it for good, not evil,that's the problem. I love the picture, btw. It's like a Hamlet "to be or not to be", just with the issue of being caught yellow-handed. (I kill myself).
Well, I SHOULD keep it under lock and key, and probably will now. Unless I just box everything up and put it out for the garbage man. The fascination with this particular cupboard is new, thus the free access. That is gonna change.....and he told me he sprayed himself in the mouth, Adrienne. How did you know? He told me that, but I honestly doubt it got into his mouth. I mean, wouldn't that create some sort of proof all on it's own? I did smell his breath and it wasn't so much Tilex-y as it was chocolatey. And yes, Mother of the Year. Definitely.
I have a dislike for food coloring after Christina knocked over a bowl of dye/vinegar when we colored easter eggs when she was 2. I think we went several years before coloring eggs again. Seeing our entire (albeit TINY) apt. kitchen floor covered in blue dye was quite traumatic! It did come off. I believe Comet was involved, quite possibly damaging the linoleum, but hey, it was better than blue.
I feel for you, and if I was your neighbor I'd be there to help clean up, although I'd have 2 little ones in tow who would feel inspired by Tommy's antics. I'd still come help...how's THAT for friendship!?!
My condolences go out to you. Meriel almost handed me a tragedy by getting into house paint this week, but I was too quick and I successfully diverted a disaster. But you have been sorely tried. I think you deserve some ice cream.
julie- you have to stop posting blogs like this. it makes nic weary of parenthood and he hasn't even been my birth coach yet! just post nice, family-ey activities to not scare him away. thanks. your sister.
I know. It is a sickness.
But a really entertaining sort of sickness.
As long as my children don't discover food coloring, Crisco, tilex, or bright pink nail polish. That's quite a list young Tommy Konchar.
He really is so darn cute, though. I mean, look at him!
Wow. I thought I had a really tough week with David's messes. Maybe there should be a contest or something. Seriously, how can one little child make so many tornado messes? I ask myself this each day. Then I hit my knees, pray, and laugh--try to--sometimes I cry. How do you handle these so well?
Julie that is hilarious!! I had to show it to Matt we laughed hard!! He says... I am not sure who Hamlet is but I did see the Never Ending Story and this reminds me of the giant man made of rock trying to stop the nothing, "These look like such strong hands..."
So I have a blog now (I know it's about time since I created the name in July but did nothing). It's www.justthetipoftheiceblog.blogspot.com. I wish I had your writing genius. You put mine to shame!!
Looks like an Oompa-Loompa hand. Maybe he was just helping you out with Halloween costumes.
Oompa Loompas were mentioned in my exact response. That, and and a lot of gnashing of teeth. Woe, woe, woe be unto me.
wow 13 comments (now 14)
you must be thrilled with yourself! I think you'll probably give him the red food coloring next just to see if you can break 20.
i want to talk to you- let's stop not talking.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling rather good about it, although 4 of them are mine. Still, a much better showing than my much ignored post on paper plates.
Post a Comment