My children, who quite frankly don't seem to notice (or care) whether we live like pigs. A point of contention for most of the year, but their complete lack of filth-awareness does come in handy for the month of October.
My mom, who absolutely saves my hide on a regular basis. She graciously invited Tommy to her daycare this past week so I could go to Jo-Ann's in peace. She even called me up a couple of times to insist I bring him over. And then she and my dad showed up at our party on Friday night just to take pictures of the kids, something they do every year. So YAY for my mom! You are amazing. (Dad you are nice, too. But let's face it, you didn't really do much besides come for the pictures. If you are hoping to get a paragraph here singing your praises, you are going to have to want it more than that.)
My husband. I'm never quite sure how much of his patience is actual PATIENCE and not just obliviousness to the situation, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt this year and saying, Thank You. Thank you for sucking it up Friday night before the party, and on the way to the party, as I was grouchy and snappish and annoyed. You could have lost it but you didn't. You are really really nice and no one would have blamed you if you didn't hug me as the night ended and told me how much you appreciated all my efforts to make memorable costumes for our kids. (You didn't even mention my unfortunate almost loss of composure!) Thanks. You are the best.
SpongeBob and Patrick
Also: Addison and Sid being Romans (quick disclaimer, I did not make Sid a costume this year) Super Granny, and Santa.
Pie at the Pie Eating Contest. Karen totally wanted it, you can see it in her determined posture. Pie, you were eating like a scrub.
Tommy, literally sitting by the side of the road eating suckers.
Another sucker.
Tommy in his fat suit, awash in sticky filth. This boy loves his lollipops.
Of course I have more to say on Halloween and these costumes. Stay tuned.

10 comments:
YOU are a Halloween rockstar! I wish I had your stamina. Once, I spent a zillion hours sewing three princess costumes (pink, purple, and light blue) and then somehow I was so scarred that I crossed to the darkside and started buying their costumes. I'm ashamed of myself. I admit it. I haven't unearthed my beloved Bernina in forever. And I am the lesser for it.
your skills amaze me. seriously. i have a feeling my children will, more often than not, be ghosts. w/ or w/o eyeholes cut out. and they will be ever so jealous of their uber-costumed cousins.
Julie, the kids costumes turned out great! They all looked terrific and looked like they were having a ball. Tommy cracked me up!
Tommy and the lolipops is hilarious. Awesome costumes! I really need to get workin'!
yes. tommy is awesome. we are going to buy him suckers for every birthday and he'll just be so grateful. oh yeah, thats coming up super soon, huh? oh, another year and another one of your kids birthdays i've missed. horrible, horrible aunt. But, i've never gotten as much as a phone call from tom on my birthday so what does he expect? i wish i could see super granny in better detail- be sure to fix your lame camera by halloween. you even got a comment from errin, a rarity and a treasure. NICE WORK!
Super Granny? Santa Claus? Spongebob and Patrick? Holy moley Julie! Those are freaking awesome.
But my favorite part of all is that fat suit on Tommy.
I have always loved Patrick. He is my favorite. And now I want to adopt him, and his underlying fat suit. UNBELIEVABLE costumes!! Julie, this may be one of those "let us never talk of this again" moments, but besides being gorgeous, you are also FREAKING talented.
There. It is said.
And this, Adrienne, is why you are my favorite cousin. Also, a touch nearsighted. But anyway.
LOVE the legs on spongebob. Love all of them! You put us all to shame with your skills and stamina! A little fuzz never hurt. Give Tommy a vacuum and I'm sure he'll clean it all up for you.
So did Pie beat Carrot Top in that Pie Eating contest?
Post a Comment