Thursday, July 31, 2008

For Adrienne.....


In your comment you mentioned my nails...more like talons...but let us remember this was way back in 1993. So I dug up a picture of our hands. Pie has always hated this picture because he says his hand looks like Sasquatch. So to keep things fair, I don't like either of us in this next picture (do we even look like we like each other in this one??) but it is a good shot of the top half of my dress. Unfortunately, you cannot see the bow from this angle...which is amazing, given its remarkable size. The sleeves though, I believe, are readily apparent.

5 comments:

the binghams. said...

amazing! My favorite part was me crying.. one because i was going to miss you being just my sister. 2 because i knew i would never be 5'7 (but fake being 5'8) and i could never wear your extremely gorgeous dress. I loved it. you were a princess and I wanted so bad to be like you. Now, its so amusing to look at. Your waist is SO tiny- that is only accentuated by those sleeves!

Bybee Family said...

Oh my gosh! Pie looks so different with hair! You look really beautiful!.

Adrienne said...

OH! This all makes so much sense now. 1993 -- I was 15, and I consider that year the Pit of My Life. So seeing you so pretty and skinny and with long nails probably just made me want to go in my room and cry more. Thank heavens THAT phase passed (SOB). Plus, you sewed, and we all know sewing is my Arch Enemy. I am all about capitalization here. And Julie. I am deeply touched to have a post addressed just to me.

Vegor said...

Quick question...Was the material for those sleeves from some "Buffoon Drapes" project I wasn't aware of?

No offense, But "Toyota Jackson" herself wouldn't be caught in a "rip turd" in that dress. Mostly because she doesn't wear clothes.

Julie K said...

"....And here we have some lovely condoms (do you think she meant "condominiums"?) by the lake...."