Friday, June 20, 2008

Cloudy

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is the name of one of my all-time favorite books from my childhood. I will not give you a brief synopsis of this classic tome like I did recently for Lyle Lyle Crocodile, but I will only say the book is fabulous and you should read it to your children. They will be fascinated. But this isn't about cherished books from my childhood.
No, this is just a quick post to give you a little taste of our Colorado summer sky. (Yay! First official day of summer!)

9 comments:

rachel said...

Beautiful pictures! I miss western skies. Sigh.

You're hilarious! And I have to agree with your comment on my blog: there is nothing quite like Spongebob. Some days the tears flow quite freely. It was a parody of "This House is Not a Home" that got to me yesterday. To see Spongebob and Mr. Crabs separated was heartbreaking. ;)

rebecca said...

Reminds me of So. Cal clouds after a rain shower. Miss those perfectly puffy white clouds!

Wayne said...

While "Cloudy. . ." was a nice tome, I found it lacked the depth of character development that elevated "Go, Dog. Go!" from a mere child's tale to a timeless classic.

Julie K said...

You are mocking me! Just for that, you'll be doing a dramatic reading of "Go, Dog, Go" during the "talent" portion of Thursday night's festivities.

Judy Ryan said...

I'm not going to try to be as clever as you are in the comment department. Your last description of childhood in Sanger (and the first real outlet store (and, yes, I remember the hot yellow pants!)) would put GO LYLE LYLE MEATBALLS, GO to serious shame. I'm so grateful for blogging so I have you in my life again.

SpaceyKasey said...

Okay, so confession...I've been reading your posts but not commenting because I want to take the time to write something more than "LOL" or "Too cute" because your posts and comments are the best.

I'm over it! Like there aren't enough pressures in life already. So...

Too cute. Love the sky in those pictures. :)

Vegor said...

I was just talking about cloudy with a chance of meatballs the other day...one of the best books in the Children/Falling food genre.

the binghams. said...

I do love that book
and by this post it sounds like you like colorado, is that true?

Kelly B said...

I can't believe you know that book! NOBODY ever knows that book, but I read it to my kids all the time. They love it! And, of course it's a bff thang that we like all the same stuff, including childhood stories and addictive reality-tv dance shows.

And on that note, I will respond to your comment on my blog about SYTYCD by first saying that it's so lame that we have to discuss this via comments!!! But I will proceed: LOVED Mark and Chelsie (maybe it's the Hawaii/Utah connection. or maybe it's because he's a little kooky and reminds me of Johnny Depp a bit? Or maybe it's that I LOVE that song and hope it will be featured in the "Twilight" vampire movie in December?) I digress: totally loved that number. Agree that Twitchington are over-rated. Wish she'd stop smiling so much. Think that Courtney is a little scary. Don't really get why everybody thinks Will is so fantabulous- not seeing it so much yet. I think Jessica needs counseling for her self-esteem problems. Love Gev. Think that they need to buy more fabric and finish those dresses off so my daughter can watch the show.

And I think that I clearly need to get a life! (preferably one where our daily phone calls are back on the agenda!)

And, on further topics of books that I've already alluded to: have you read the "Twilight" series yet? Please, oh please, do so for me. It would give us lots more to wish we had time to talk about! xoxo