Friday, January 13, 2012

My Christmas Slippers

I'm shuffling around my house today in one of my Christmas presents from Pie--a pair of slippers. It was a sweet and thoughtful gift that I really appreciate but considering I was always stealing his slippers, it is a gift that Pie can appreciate as well. I wish I could take a picture of them to post on this blog so that you can admire them for yourself, but I can't. For some reason blogspot and I aren't getting along very well lately and I don't feel like arguing with it today. So let me paint a picture for you:

They are pink and fuzzy. The pink is of the "hot" variety, and the fuzzy is best described as "old, matted Muppet fur". I'm not kidding. These slippers haven't even been worn for 3 weeks yet and they look like they've been in constant (homeless shelter?) use since the Carter administration. Apparently there is some filth-attracting agent inherent in my muppety slippers that causes them to create a death grip on every crumb, stray thread and wad of lint within the confines of my home, which is A LOT, in case you weren't already under that impression.

An incomplete list of items currently stuck to my slippers:

Dry bits of breakfast cereal
Small pieces of paper/confetti
Glitter/sequins (debris from Christmas decorations past)
Bark
And those tiny fruit stickers

Now that I really think about it, I probably shouldn't even be wearing these things--I'm sure they are violating a number of health codes. Good thing I know where some nice, comfortable, clean slippers are.....and that I am the first one up most days:)

No comments: