Greetings from the abyss!
Hello, friends. I'm back again to apologize for my lack of attention to this blog. It seems to be my theme for the past 6 months or so. Honestly, I am such a pill.
So here's what I have been doing for the past 6 weeks:
In January I began overseeing my 15 year old's scholastic endeavors from home again. Thankfully, this time he is receiving his education online, and not through sitting on the couch with me watching HGTV reruns. (Where is the love for David Bromstad, I ask you?)
In February, we packed up the family and the car a la Grapes of Wrath and drove to Disneyland. It was magical (and cramped). I'll give a more thorough report (with pictures!) later on.
On Saturday March 5 I simultaneously had a heart attack, danced in a hip hop concert (cue laugh track) and turned 40. My best description of how I felt: You are on a roller coaster and you have just crested the top of the ride before you begin your very fast, very steep descent--and suddenly realize your seat harness is not engaged. Will the harness hold? Will you be thrown from the speeding coaster to your instant, crumpled death? Will you wish for instant, crumpled death rather than finish the terrifying ride? The answer is YES, to everything. It was exhilarating.
On Sunday, March 6 I was sustained as Primary President. It felt just like the roller coaster ride of the night before, only with the addition of my hair being on fire.
So what's up with you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I cannot believe I've already failed you as a counselor by forgetting your birthday. And your 40th of all birthdays! I commed you for doing such a daring thing to bring in your 40's! Nothing like dancing hip hop in front of a bunch of people to make you feel young :) And surely being Primary Pres. will bring out your inner child, right? Definitely not add any gray hairs!
Post a Comment