Jon has a really sweet belt. "Sick", if you will. Last week he was invited to Jump Street (Mom, how come all the grownups call it 21 Jump Street?) for a party, and because Jon loves being fashionable he carefully put together his look: Favorite jeans, cool T, and his sick belt. He showed me before he left how he carefully tucked one corner of his shirt into his jeans, just so, thus revealing the sick belt. Later when I picked him up from the party he told me how he had found a bunch of girls jumping in a group and had jumped right in front of them, so that they too could appreciate his sick belt. How thoughtful.
Fast Forward to this morning
Tommy hasn't been quite himself the past few days. Nothing I can really put my finger on, other than he hasn't had his usual appetite. This morning before preschool he decided to forgo breakfast, but seemed chipper enough. After preschool, I dropped Tommy off at home with Pie so that I could do some crucial pre-Disneyland shopping. I was gone for about an hour when I came home.
Walking through the door from the garage, I was immediately overwhelmed by the scent of A hot afternoon in July at the Monkey House. My first question, called out to the house at large was "Who has diarrhea?" Answer: Tommy does! Horrified and completely apologetic, poor Tommy (fresh from a tub, thankfully) recounted his sad tale of woe. (So did Pie. I don't know who suffered more.) Tommy told me he put his clothes in the garbage, because they were all covered with poop. And they were. The pants, I am afraid, are not recoverable. And Jon's sick belt (what are the odds that today Tommy would be wearing Jon's sick belt???), well Jon was right it is a REALLY SICK BELT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment