This year was an eclectic group of costumes. I had fun making them. They were finished last week, so tonight wasn't too much of a psychotic frenzy for me as I got them all ready for the party. To be honest, there was one point when I was looking for the leprechaun's goatee, reapplying Raggedy Anne's red nose which she smudged, tying Aang's ribbons, and trying to not to step on the Hippie's purple glasses when Pie actually interrupted to ask me some question about our TV plans for later on and I became rather snippish--making my eyebrows do that unattractive thing, but all together I think I handled the evening pretty well.
The kids plus regular Pie. He and I didn't dress up this year. I have big plans for next year though....
This is Aang, the Last Airbender. At tonight's party he was practicing his water bending, spilling it all over the front of himself. I guess I can be glad he wasn't also working on his green frosting bending.
Here is our Hippie. Please notice the chest hair.
Some time in January, Josie decided on Raggedy Anne. I suggested Vampire Raggedy Anne, or maybe Goth Raggedy Anne. Josie chose Normal. It worked out fine, but I can't help but imagine the whole thing black and white and grey with fangs......
Calvin thought up the leprechaun idea all on his own. He carried a little black pot to hold his "gold" in--his gold being Halloween candy.
Here is the Mad Hatter. Can you see his yellow contacts? Yes, I am willing to sacrifice his eye health for the sake of a costume. That is the true spirit of Halloween.Hope you all have a great Halloween and that you are able to eat your fill of the choicest Halloween treats, all from the bounty of the buckets of your unsuspecting children.

4 comments:
You are the costume queen! The kids look great...I love that you go for the details. You should put together a Halloween photo book of your costumes over the years. They're always amazing, and something the whole family is into. I love it.
You are amazing>>>>>>>. How do you keep outdoing yourself year after year?
I just read your other blog-- and we're seeing the same picture in our family room right now. We think that a rake and a very large dust pan is the answer to cleaning up the candy covering the carpet.
First of all, you know I love all these costumes. The wigs are extraordinary, and I think you should start selling them on etsy. not even joking. ~Julia
Julie,
In all seriousness, I wait and wait all October for your Halloween blog. And even with all that (self-made) hype, you do NOT disappoint. The Mad Hatter made my mouth literally drop open. I did not know it could do that. Hello, Aang. How do you do this?!! Nothing short of incredible!
P.S. Your silver sleeves WERE divine.
Post a Comment