Sometime during 2nd grade last year I found a note Jon had written in a moment of clarity and introspection. It said:
Note to slef, never saey "thaks alot" when yore angre.
Well, note to slef, never make roll-out cookies on the hottest day (yet) of the year.
Because tomorrow is the very last day of school for my children, naturally I have waited until the last possible moment to whip up the traditional "Hey, I think you're great but I am morally opposed to sending in a check to the Room Mom so she can present you with a Visa card worth $328, so you are getting these delicious cookies again, instead." And just to keep it interesting, I made about half the dough that I usually do. I neglected to make the half that my children and husband traditionally eat. So let's review:
It is hotter than Ethiopia in my kitchen right now (89*)--so hot that the cut out cookies are melting before they get in the oven.
There are only enough cookies for the 20+ crucial school people, none for the quit-yer-crying home people. I am steeling myself for a home people attempted coup later on today. It may very well take ice cream cones to quell the uprising.
Mmmm, ice cream.
Note to slef, the pool opens in 4 days. Forget about the ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
People seriously chip in money and give it to the teacher at the end of the year? That pretty much settles it, I'm moving to Colorado.
Post a Comment