One of my recent (and let's just say it, not lovely) holiday purchases was the word "NOEL" carved out of granite. (It was like 2 bucks!) After I had put up most of our decorations, and after the kids had gone to bed, I pulled out NOEL and kind of slapped it up on the window ledge above our fireplace, thinking that I would find a better home for it some other time. In the morning I walked downstairs and laughed out loud:
It was the work of our Jos. When questioned, apparently she wasn't familiar with either Noel or Leno and didn't appreciate my laughter.
p.s. Last night we were singing Christmas songs as a family and during "The First Noel" I distinctly heard her sing "Oh, Well...Oh, Well" during the "Noel....Noel" part. I guess that explains her lack of familiarity with the word.
p.p.s She's already broken the L and the N.

3 comments:
i LOVE that she sings oh well. perfect and totally cute.
I have 4 blocks that spell out NOEL and when one of my friends visits she always changes it to LENO. :)
Jewels, I'm so glad I came back today to grab that Chicken Fettuccine recipe 'cause this LENO post is one of my favorites. Can't get enough of Josie and Tommy stories!
Post a Comment