Yesterday was amazing!
Church: On Time!
Shoes: Appropriate!
Little Ladies: All in Attendance!
Seating: Our Usual (*ahem*) Rightful Spot!
Yesterday was a joy. Pie and I went the extra mile on Saturday night and got positively everything ready for Sunday morning. We ironed (and ironed!) and hunted down socks and shoes and coats. We found Sid's slacks in a wad in his closet and located Josie's shoes under a pile of dirty clothes in the laundry room. We did everything but feed the kids breakfast before bed. (We spent our whole evening on the project and were thankful for the busy work--as we were holding our own "makeup" fast because last week didn't work out for us. Yes, my husband is the kind of husband who doesn't believe in a fasting "bye".)
So the drama. You are probably thinking there wasn't any drama. Oh ye of little faith......
Tommy hasn't made a brilliant transition between Nursery and Primary.
Nursery: It's all fun and games--a little singing, a little dancing, a little blowing bubbles into the fan until the room looks ready to host a Lawrence Welk Reunion Special.
Primary: More sitting and less singing, and a significant lack of SNACK.
Is it any wonder, I ask?
Even though Tommy has been blessed with awesome Sunbeam teachers, he still doesn't cotton to the whole premise. We are sympathetic yet firm: Tommy, if you go to class I will give you a donut. Apparently Homer was wrong: "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?" Well, yesterday the promise of a donut couldn't get Tommy to release his monkey leg grip off of my torso. I'm way out of my depth here. If a sweetened snack treat doesn't inspire a kid, what will??? So Tommy's Sunday was full of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, even after we got home. I wish there was a pill for that, for him and for us.
For all those of you who were sitting behind us during Sacrament Meeting and saw Sid and Calvin working on their cage fighting skills before, during, and after the closing prayer, I am truly sorry. But really, is anybody shocked by this?
My Special Quesadilla (Napoleon! Make your own dang case-uh-dilla!) Recipe:
*For those who enjoy a little flour tortilla with their cholesterol.....
Flour tortillas
Butter
Cheddar, Jack and Parmesan cheeses (or other combinations), grated
a hot griddle
Butter the outside of the flour tortillas, as you would for making grilled cheese sandwiches. Onto the hot griddle, sprinkle some Parmesan and a tiny bit of the Cheddar and Jack. Put the tortilla butter-side-down ontop of the sizzling cheese. Add more of the Cheddar and Jack. Put the top tortilla on, butter side up. Top with a little more Cheddar and Jack, and then sprinkle on some Parmesan. Flip carefully when ready. Mmmm, fried cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
"Mmmm, fired cheese." Does this mean the maniac moment of 1200 calories a day is over? Quin and I just made a diet bet. Whoever loses the most weight, measured by percent body weight not lbs. mind you, I'm no fool. Get's a guilt free selfish play Saturday.
I just have to say, you are one funny lady! I enjoy reading your blogs, very funny/creative/funny!
I hear ya! It realy is something on Sundays (and if it soothes at all, we always end up in the Primary room during Sacrament Meeting--it has speakers--because we get there so late, there are no noisy metal seats left in the overflow...sadly, I don't know what half my ward looks like anymore, but I know what they sound like!). Way to help us all feel better with that comfort food recipe! :)
There's gotta be a better way to do nursery into sunbeams. Izzie is suffering through the very same thing...but I can bribe her to stay put with promises of my class' leftover snacks. Poor children...when they realize what church is really for.
I am so glad you enabled your comments again!! There have been so many moments of pure joy that I couldn't thank you for. I love to laugh and you are so funny. So, thank you.
Post a Comment