Last night Tommy woke up crying. And I thought probably just a nightmare. This morning he woke up rather early (6 ish) and came in for a snuggle. I personally don't enjoy snuggles with children who insist on crying and I frankly told him so. After about a 1/2 hour of me hoping that patting him while lying down with my eyes closed would make him stop whimpering, I gave up (opened my eyes) and said "What is wrong with you?".
"My ear hurts!"
And to be honest, it looked like it hurt. All red and sad and stuff. Oh fantastic...an ear infection.
So I put on some "outerwear" and headed to the Soopers to get some Tylenol chewables. (A short list of items a household should never run out of: toilet paper, bread, diapers, and medication for the little folk. Anything else you might need can be improvised with these items.)
Later on this morning I noticed a little something in his "good" ear. A mark that looked like....Hmmm....just like he had stuck a ball point pen in his ear. And there was the same dark blue ink blotch in the other ear too!
As far as I can tell, sometime yesterday Tommy stuck the business end of a pen in both of his ears. I have a hunch it was around the same time he drew all over his midriff, legs and left arm. (So after lunch but definitely before dinner.) (At about the same time I noticed the ear situation, I also realized that Tommy had cut a portion of his own hair. Again.)
I'm getting the feeling that kid #5 and I might be in for a tussle.....
That Tommy! What a nut!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just had to check and see if comments are OPEN:) I was going to suggest the onion treatment my mom used to give us when we had ear aches, but reading on I could see that no onion would cure this sort of ailment. Tommy is a hoot & 1/2. Gotta love that boy!
He really shouldn't meet my girls and give them any ideas like that! Poor Tommy--that probably DOES hurt...guess he has more of Josie's genes than you thought?
I love that even after four kids, you still have one that can surprise you!
Post a Comment