Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wrapping Up Sunday

My last post about The Konchars, Sunday Edition being so wildly successful, I have decided to post a little something every Sunday night--as a Sunday wrap-up of sorts.

Church started at 8:30 again this morning. It's like I have become Mr. Short Term Memory because every week it is a new revelation to me: Oh yeah. Church is super early. And we were 5 minutes late. Sid's fault. We couldn't find his church shoes anywhere. Yes! CHURCH SHOES. Are you seeing a pattern here? With all of the other children properly shod and lassoed in the car, Pie and I are muttering unpleasantries under our breaths as we try to find Sid's shoes, while he helpfully stands there doing squat. After a couple of minutes of me saying things like "the shoes have to be here, just keep looking" Pie suddenly, brilliantly decides to shout at Calvin through the closed doors of the car "ARE YOU WEARING SID'S SHOES?" to which Calvin naturally shouted back "NO!" but guess what? He was totally wearing Sid's shoes. And he didn't even know it. (And I was all like, why didn't I think of that?)

At Church I only had little Edwina Scissorhands (she has cut her own hair, twice. A reverse mohawk--she's totally bringing it back.) I simply adore little Miss E. And today she did not disappoint. In addition to many other things that were all simply delightful, Miss E. shared with me a little story that ended with the word "weiner". A word her mother assured me is not welcome in their home. And I totally believe her--because Andrea, I have never even heard you say that word once!

So next Sunday I am wondering how we can out-do ourselves, shoe-wise. I'm worried, because we have already set the bar pretty high.....

ps. Miss A how we miss you! Please get better soon. (We missed all my other Little Ladies too today, but that poor little Miss A in the hospital? That makes me tear up just to think about it.)