After a few people asked me Hey, did you ever finish that Ironman Challenge? I realized that maybe I should do a post wherein I give updates on some important topics I just left dangling over the past year. Plus, who wants to write a New Year's Resolution post? NOT ME!
We finished watching 24 in mid-November. We felt finishing was important, even though that final season 6 was like the lamest. I will always love the first season and the 3rd season the best. The rest were not the best. And that 2 hour Africa one? Don't even get me started. But now we are ready for January!
Tommy has been a little angel for the month of December. No more toaster assassinations, no more Color Me Beautiful food coloring messes, no more moisturizing appliances with petroleum jelly/Crisco.....and people wondered why I was excited for my three middle kids to spend 5 1/2 weeks at home between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Just a little break from Tommy's boredom-inspired activities, that's all.
And speaking of toasters. Pie bought one a while back to replace the buttered one. Nice new $30 Sam's Club toaster, with all sorts of settings for bagels, pastries, bread, etc. and guess what? It is a crappy toaster. Everything burns so you pretty much have to watch the thing like a hawk. It took Pie nearly a month to finally admit--while scraping black bits from his toast--that he bought a lame toaster. I told him it wasn't his fault. But I'm not gonna lie, it felt really nice to hear him admit it.
Nobody delurked after my Feedjit post. Not Fargo, ND. Not Chula Vista, CA. Not nobody. Lame.
And because I know y'all are just dying to know....I did complete the Ironman Challenge. In 9 workouts over 15 days totaling over 18 straight hours of sweating. I gained 2 pounds, thank you very much. I figure I'll do the challenge again in March, to see if I can shave a day off the total. Who knows, maybe I can gain even more weight next time! My favorite moment regarding the challenge came a few weeks ago at the pool. Glen, a swimming friend asked me how it went. I told him I finished it, that it was hard, etc. He then asked me how Hawaii was. I realized that Glen thought I had competed in the real Ironman race in Hawaii. I laughed my most unattractive laugh at him and explained I didn't do THE Ironman, I only did an Ironman Challenge. And it's possible I hurt his feelings, mocking him for thinking that I could have even completed ONE portion of that race in a day, much less all three. So then Glen laughed and said "Wow. I guess I really didn't understand what you were doing. But I was much more impressed when I thought you had done a REAL IRONMAN."
I guess the important thing for me to remember is that even though I didn't do a real Ironman race, I am still a winner because everybody knows I swim way faster than Glen.
