Something about myself that is totally awesome:
I am real good at taking pictures and stuff. Like this picture of the pumpkin cheesecake I made yesterday for Thanksgiving. I don't know, I might submit this photo to a magazine or something. The cheesecake was one of those Martha Stewart recipes. Except it was from her site called Everyday Food. I've watched the show Everyday Food, and it is pretty much the same thing as Martha Stewart Living except there is a real feeling of "we are totally dumbing this down for you" and everybody is friendlier and talks slower. It's like Martha Stewart Sesame Street. You sure don't get that vibe from Martha Stewart Living. I'm always expecting Martha to have a complete Mommy Dearest wire coat hanger come-apart on her show when one of her assistants screws up knitting a table runner or something. Maybe she does all the time and we just never get to see it. They should really put that stuff on the the DVD bonus footage.
Anyway, this cheesecake recipe was pretty easy to make and it was delicious, in the way only 32 oz of cream cheese, sugar, 4 eggs and a graham cracker crust can be. It took for EVER to bake though, because you cook it for 45 minutes and then turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake alone for another two hours. Don't open the door! This part is very important, and prevents the top of the cheesecake from cracking. Then you let it cool on the counter for 2 hours. Then you cover it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least four hours. I followed the directions perfectly, but my cake did crack just the teensiest little bit. I don't think it is noticeable though.
