Monday, November 24, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

I know what I want for Christmas. All I want is just this one thing, and I swear if I get it I will be happy with nothing else except a stocking full of candy--and since I--I mean Santa--will be taking care of that, really all I'm gonna need wrapped up under the tree is:

Spellcheck for comments.

I know, I shouldn't bring up such a touchy subject as "blog comments" around these parts, but please understand, I really need that spellcheck. You see I do a lot of commenting on other peoples' blogs (okay Kirsten, deep cleansing breath) and I am always spelling things wrong and looking stupid. And I would prefer to look stupid over other things not so obvious as misspelled words. I blame blogging in general for my problem. I was always an okay speller. But then I started down the slippery slope of non-stop blogging and what with spellcheck being right here--so handy!--my spelling brain has all but whithered, dried up and blown away.

Sometimes when I am commenting, I am so lazy I will change a word or even a whole sentence if I know the word I want isn't spelled right but I don't want to look it up. Sometimes I will just forget the whole thing and not even comment, which is such a shame because sometimes I think up really funny comments! So anyway, blogger.com, if you are reading this, please get me spellcheck for Christmas. Oh yeah, and world peace.

A little note: In spellchecking this post I only misspelled one word. The word mispelled. Cute, huh?