Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Given A Kid Just Like This....

Hey Mom,
I have this teeny tiny baby thing to tell you, regarding green food coloring. Remember a few minutes ago, when you said we would make cookies today and then you left the room to go talk to Dad in the office? Well, look what happened to me while I was helping you get ready to make the cookies:
I'm really not sure what happened. I just climbed up into the cabinet and started opening bottles and then BAM! my hands turned green.
I mean, how weird is that?
Possibly, this isn't even my fault.
(hmmm, maybe she is not buying this...time to put on the charm....)
Aww, looks like somebody needs a hug!
[Later, after the shower]
Hmmm...
And yet, I cannot help but wonder if Mom has got any red food coloring.

14 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

does it need to be said that he is the deed doingest deed doer? at least he chose a color that looks like an obvious food-coloring faux pas, rather than red or yellow, which would probably look a lot like a disease of sorts...

Adrienne said...

I think Senor Hulk Hands has got way too much access to the food coloring cupboard. What amazes me is the speed with which he paints himself. Okay, that, and the fact that he painted his whole hand yellow just days ago, and STILL looks mystified by the green hands not washing off.

Julie K said...

I said don't judge! But for those who are wondering, the food coloring is now all gone. Which kind of puts me in a bind, as I just cut out and baked 125 Halloweeny cookies to take to school tomorrow.

TheBenandKaties said...

I was actually just looking for a way to make my face green to go along with my Frankenstein costume...

Julie K said...

Well then, may I not recommend this option to you.

the binghams. said...

it is not nice to almost make a pregnant lady pee her pants while her husband is on the phone with a new client in the very same room. well done, tommy. well done.

the binghams. said...

did you see that snake costume on joe and sarah's blog? competition!!

Julie K said...

I did and say "it is so on!"

Vegor said...

I would spank the green off that child. Seriously though...have you considered some kind of child restraining device? After the first food coloring deed he would be chained to the wall like Sloth on the Goonies!

Julie K said...

Kirsten--I was just reading this to Josie this morning (she was sitting on my lap) and when we got to the "possibly" picture she peed in my lap. I blame you for her condition.

shayla said...

I do quite like how the food coloring glove fits so nicely and stops right at his wrist. Did your cupboards and counters get a green shout out as well?

Julie K said...

Amazingly, they came through unscathed. The food dye just wipes right off the wood, and our granite countertops are black with black grout, so even if it didn't wipe right up, I wouldn't know about it. The worst was just his hands. Today they are almost completely clean, you can only see the green right around the finger nails. But still.

Bybee Family said...

Oh my gosh! Did the green ever come off!!???

SpaceyKasey said...

STill laughing out lOuD. Ohhhhhhh funny.