Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Have Super Powers

5:05 Alarm, followed by workout
7:30 Breakfast, followed by shower
9:00 Baths for the children, followed by toddler dressing and accessorizing himself.
10:00 Pull into Target with the 4 children. Followed by mayhem and run-amok.
11:30 Sunflower Market (aka The Fruit Store). Followed by a near-catastrophic potty trip. (That darn Jon and the bladder he abuses.)
12:00 Home to unload groceries. Followed by lunch for all.
1:00 Surfing the web for a homemade pasta recipe, followed by complete loss of power.
I've got Cookin School in the afternoon and I can't face it without a little siesta. I plopped myself on the couch in the middle of everything to try and accomplish the impossible: To take a nap while still watching the kids. The kind of nap wherein you don't actually sleep, but your eyes are shut and you are lying down and that's just got to be good enough, right? So after almost an hour of "sleeping" through squabbles and laughing and loud TV, I am awakened in an instant (in an instant!) by the whisper-quiet yet unmistakable sound of a 2 1/2 year old pouring himself a cup of orange juice on the carpet. With that first glug I am on my feet and ready for action! Because I have super-sonic hearing. For little boys who make messes. Dang, I'm good.

Here is the young man dressed and ready to go, with his (understated) Undersea Treasures necklace and.....


The sandals he put on all by himself.

2 comments:

shayla said...

who needs carpet anyway? Orange makes everything better, apparently.

Bybee Family said...

At least he put on his sandals all by himself!!! :)