Paul Newman
Actor, race car driver, philanthropist, married to Joanne Woodward for 50 years, father of six, and star of one of my all-time favorite movies:
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid
I was a late-comer to the Butch Cassidy party, but it is no exaggeration to say that seeing this movie completely challenged my previous notions of cowboys, mustaches, and living a life of debauchery. I am now firmly in favor of all three, if only in this movie.

(Etta had it wrong, by the way.)


4 comments:
paul newman died?
oh this is sad! i love those salad dressings. what a charitable cowboy.
HUUUUGE fan of "Long Hot Summer". I should go get it from my local library RIGHT NOW. Cuz that chemistry between him and Joanne isn't just pretends. And his eyes are really blue. And he was RIPPED. Not that I noticed that kind of thing.
The first movie I remember seeing with him was The Sting. Oh how I wanted to run a con after seeing that movie.
So long Paul (yeah, I'd like to think we'd be on a first-name basis).
Julie,
So my dad looks a lot like Paul Newman. And my dad is in theatre (he's a prof at the Y). And the last show Paul Newman did was Our Town as the stage manager. And the last show my dad did was Our Town as the stage manager. But we try not to think of that last one as we simulatiously tell Rodger to do another show already!
Post a Comment