Now, I like eating these bars o.k., but I love them because my family hates them. I can leave a stack of these chocolate bars sitting out on the counter for weeks at a time and no one touches them. (Just try that with a snack bag of Snickers!) For me, this is the biggest selling point in a food I like; rejection by others. I have other hated favorites: These.....
And especially this:
This pizza is the mother load of things I like which my family does not,
goat cheese......red onions.....artichoke hearts.......maybe some olives, just to be extra cautious. 

(Handy tip: I find that putting goat cheese on anything makes it all mine, all the time--especially important when I've brought home the rest of something I ordered at a restaurant.)
Acquiring a taste for foods men and kids typically hate is a type of eating self defense we women can learn to develop. It can be exhausting, hiding food all over the house. (Not to mention frustrating, when you can hear those M&M's calling your name but can't remember where you hid them.) But when you cultivate a taste for candied ginger you can leave the whole package in plain sight. No more skulking around eating yummy things while locked in the loo--that is the real beauty of the Hated is Favorite food system!
(note: This system is not intended to completely replace the practice of locking ones self in the bathroom on occasion with a package of Cadbury Mini Eggs, etc.,)


2 comments:
I make entire dinners that I know I will be the only one eating (and lots of yummy leftover lunches). Like last night, for instance. Imagine that no one else wanted pasta with fresh tomato and clam sauce. They can keep on enjoying their chicken nuggets. You know I have Cadbury Mini Eggs stashed throughout the house. But goat cheese, I can't handle it. I have given it SO many chances but everytime all I can think of is a bleating "Baaaaaa" while I try to fight the gag reflex. If you want me to stop gorging myself at every presidency meeting, bring goat cheese next time!
I made the wrong assumption at work the other day assuming that favorite was favorite. "How can feta cheese smell so bad yet taste so good," I said. My officemate replied that it just smells bad and tastes bad. Well, sucks to be you, thanks to the hated is favorite philosophy I can eat feta cheese with my lunch every day!
Post a Comment