Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lazy + Hungry Run Amok

Lately I have noticed my interest waning in eating the P90X way. As in, I have reached that place where I don't care about fitness or swimsuit season or flabby abs....I just want to eat simple carbs and not count daily protein grams in the hundreds.

Exhibit A:

Tuesday afternoon I found a Hershey bar and ate it. As in, I went looking for the Hershey bar I hid after Monday's s'mores and ate the whole thing standing there in the kitchen. I blame Pie for this. He knows what he did.

Exhibit B:

Yesterday I didn't make dinner. I didn't run out of time or need ingredients or anything. I just didn't make dinner. Told the kids to eat cereal. About 8 last night I finally got hungry enough to overcome the debilitating laziness and gathered up a few choice ingredients. My blood sugar was perilously low, judging by my decision making process. I pulled out of the fridge and cupboards the following disparate items:

A cup of non-fat Greek yogurt, plain (think sour cream)
A cup of day old wild rice
A handful of frozen raspberries
A packet of Truvia (think sweet n low)
A handful of diet granola

Any guesses on the concoction I whipped up? That's right! I made rice pudding. With 30+ grams of protein. It was surprisingly nasty. Who could have predicted this? Yogurt and wild rice? But I choked it down regardless, because I have become just that lazy. After 2 months of crazy workouts and cooking up a P90x storm, I've become rather apathetic. But you should see my hulking shoulders!

1 comment:

hooli said...

Was hulking shoulders the aim?