Just now I marched myself down the hall and quietly yelled (it's 10:30 at night and all our windows are open) to my oldest four children (who were shooting rubber bands at each other while laughing the hysterical laughter of those seconds away from an incontinent bladder) that I would personally chop off all the fingers of the next child who shot a rubber band. We've had several run-ins with rubber bands lately, and in the words of my own mother "I've about had it". I figure finger removal is our best option at this point. (It shouldn't interfere with Tommy's daily activities--why just today he again refused to pick up his plate from lunch and tried (unsuccessfully) for quite a while to pick the inverted plate up off the floor using only his feet and preternatural whine.)
Ahhhh, summer.
The house is perpetually in a state of toy/discarded clothing/crumb mayhem while the kids are starting to really get on each other's nerves NOT TO MENTION MINE. Just last night we went for a family walk up to Highland Point (again) and even though the sunset and the view were incredible what I really noticed was 20 minutes of Josie arguing with Jon about a hat and sunglasses, and that none of my children are capable of walking a gravely trail without shuffling their feet. Why do they do that? I don't know. I don't know a single adult who purposely shuffles their feet through dirt. Because who wants dusty shoes? Children, that's who.
I think it's going to be a long 5 weeks, folks.
On a posting note, I haven't been blogging much lately because we've been spending all my free time at the pool. It's been nice. And snacky. I've discovered the joy of pool season this year. I think it has everything to do with the fact that I don't have to actually go IN the water but can just sit out snacking while the kids frolic. Heaven bless water wings and goggles and sandwich cookies, because that's all I need to keep Tommy entertained for well over 5 hours per pool day. And the snacks keep me entertained. It's win-win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment