Gingerbread houses with Matt, Janna and all the kids: My attempt to stretch out the frosting by adding some extra powdered sugar resulted in houses that absolutely would not hold together. It was actually pretty hilarious. (This was the only structure to remain upright by the end of the activity.)
Working on the stockings. The kids got kinda bored this year and all the stockings turned out pretty crappy, so another win for Mom! (Just before snapping this picture I whipped off Tommy's shirt and yanked about 4 inches of tighty whitey up over the top of his jeans, because that's classy.)
NOEL-turned-LENO took a turn for the worse when it was repeatedly taken down from the top of the fireplace and played with and knocked around and broken into several pieces. Now spelling INFO, a nod to what Josie really wanted this Christmas (as it related to specifics about the Jolly Old Elf himself.)
The exact moment Sid saw his Christmas present--an awesome loft bed......
......complete with office space underneath.
Christmas Day, Pie working on fixing the slow leak in the basement ceiling that appeared Christmas Eve.
After the real flood happened Christmas night.
My parents helping schlep wet garbage out of the basement. "Garbage" being whatever was on the floor at the time of the flood.
You can't really tell from this picture, but every thing you see here in the office had been thoroughly soaked by Niagara Falls bursting forth from the ceiling.
Another shot of the carnage. That hideous couch was numbered among the dead, praise Oprah.
(Moving on to mid January....) Calvin earned his Arrow of Light. Well, Calvin and his mother earned his Arrow of Light. It was a push to the bitter end, but somehow we made it.
Tommy's standard mid-program melt-down, complete with loud and inappropriate behavior.
Calvin "crossing over" into Boy Scouts.
Super-cool arrow with his name on a plaque. Not to mention the super-cool markers all over his face.
First Primary activity of the year---breakfast at the Church in our pajamas! My little angels, minus Sam.
On to February.....When Sid and Tommy were rough-housing and Tommy's ear was nearly bifurcated by the wooden bed frame of our bed. This picture was taken approximately 5 minutes after the incident. Although I never took another picture of the ear, it went from red to purple to black and swelled up to twice its normal size before settling in to a healing brown/yellowy/green. (All the colors of a putrid rainbow.)
Last night at our Pack's Blue and Gold Banquet! Aren't we festive? I have to brag a little bit about our group--I love all the women I get to work with in our ward Cub Scout program. We are awesome! Seriously, it is so fun every week to get to work with my friends in scouts. Even cleaning up together after this event was a good time! Jana, Jamie, Randi, Laura and Christina-- you guys are the best. ( Open letter to the two unnamed women who apparently turned down callings recently for the WEBELOS den--you are totally missing out. )
Our Cub master Jana, trying to introduce new kids Cole L. and Tommy S. (who wasn't there yet) to the group. Hearing his name being called, Tommy walked himself right up to the front and unflappable Jana welcomed him too, even letting him pick out the cheer. That kid should be ready for his Eagle by the time he officially joins Cubs.
A self portrait: Josie's obligatory belt as head adornment moment.
No, Calvin didn't spontaneously turn blue, but he did guess the number of gummy bears in that jar.
My attitude towards the paparazzi.
Then tonight.....Calvin was even quieter than usual this evening and I found out why when he approached me with his sad tale of eyebrow woe: Apparently razors really do work even if you don't use shaving cream. Hey Kirsten, didn't you do this as a fifth grader too?
Not to be outdone, Tommy's quick brush with Bell's Palsy this evening. (Isn't that ear looking ever-so-much better? It should, it's been two weeks.....)
So. That's it. All the pictures that were languishing on my camera for the last few months. Just today the basement finally got finished and we got lots of storage for the garage, so now I get to begin putting my home-life together again. I'm pretty happy about that.

4 comments:
Where in the H-E-double hockey sticks have you been? You can't just go radio silent like that. Well, you can, but it makes me get all twitchy. I'd write more, but right now I'm on a mission. I'm going to eat every last girl scout cookie in my pantry so I'll be no long tempted.
P.S. Do you know Shauna Pierson?
K, out of all that hilarity, here's what I have to say. a) Arrow of Light ceremonies haven't changed in 20 or so years, have they? They always involve some man dressed up as a native american who generally has poor line delivery and is clearly NOT native american in any way. In our ward it was Bro. Snelson. He took it to heart, that role. (Like verging a titch on obsessive/frightening to small childrens).
b) I love that Pie put "PIE" on his stocking as opposed to "DAD". Your stocking is, of course, a vision of loveliness.
c) I can't believe this snow job/downplay on the whole basement fiasco. I would be freaking out, both in life and on a blog. I bow to the whole graceosity with which you have handled this.
I commend you on the blue and gold banquet!
Josie is a crack-up. Love that INFO... and love it that you're all cool with it too. And tell Calvin his brow-do-up is hilarious. Did you show him how he can also magically paint them back on like old ladies? And congrats for finding that camera cord because your pictures are worth more than a thousand words.
Post a Comment