Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Sunday on Monday

Because that is what happens when you don't write your Sunday update when you are supposed to. Boy, what a mixed bag we have today:
Someday I will once again be able to announce the joyous news that we were ON TIME to church. But not today.
Church itself was rather pleasant and spiri'chel and my Little Ladies could not have been cuter...
Favorite line:
After I whispered something into Miss E's ear, Miss A said "Ooo! Tell my ear!"
Honorable mention:
Miss M delightedly told us she would be getting the following pets: a kitty cat, a puppy dog and A CAMEL!!!
When I told her "You know, camels spit", her joy nearly consumed her as she fairly sang, "I know!!!"
Is there a better gig at church? Impossible.
Because of an unfortunate accident at the Klonderee on Saturday (involving Sid on skis and off skis snowballing down a mountain--apparently the whole way on his right ankle), Sid did not accompany us to church. We missed him. We missed his making us yell at him to hurry up. We missed his "I CAN'T FIND MY PANTS". We missed his constant molesting of the children (and I am using "molesting" in the Now Let Us Rejoice sense of the word) during Sacrament Meeting. Oh yes, Sid was missed.
But I know what you are asking.....Was there any shoe drama?
Yes. Yes there was.
On Saturday Tommy spent a while wearing Josie's church shoes, sashaying around the house. Remember this picture? Here he is wearing the shoes:

But his outfit Saturday was more like this: Arrrgh, Matey! Has anyone seen me dignity?


And so one shoe got lost. It was later found under a blanket approximately 17 inches from the first shoe. But while it was lost, the clock was ticking and so Josie went with her purple snow boots. Pink shirt and blue polka-dotty skirt and hot pink stripety tights and purple snow boots. So Punky Brewster.
Oh yeah, and yesterday it was back to the rickety chairs. I was super disappointed, but I think I totally handled the situation with a butt-load of maturity and class.

5 comments:

shayla said...

spoken like a butt-loaded mature mom of monkeys. I love your punky brewster.

the binghams. said...

butt-load of class is such an oximoron. love that picture of tommy in his saggy little diaper.

Nina said...

How exciting! So good to see you, Julie and get to know your cute little monkeys. Hey, if you are going to do the Pedersen Norway/US exchange thing, I'll be happy to borrow your kids and play a little too!! I look forward to read more of your blog posts. I have learned a lot of wise lessons from you, you know. Like the ice cream parable you shared while power walking. Fun memories. Tonje and I always looked up to our beautiful Californian dancing queen! :D

Julie K said...

Jennifer, Adrienne: I read your comments. I enjoyed your comments. I accidentally hit "reject" instead of "publish", so no more comments. Sorry I'm so dumb.

TNIRYAN said...

What, am I dreaming? And am I way behind? Comments are back? Oh, my tongue has felt so overloaded with unexpressed sentiments which are backing up into my throat, up my nose, past my sinuses and clogging up my brain!! Sentiments such as the following:

"Wow, looks like you had an interesting weekend."

It feels so good to let that one come out!